Most tech-oriented officials understand the value and the benefits of having a sturdy helpdesk software. But in some organizations, helpdesk software is not appreciated as it occupies a less central role. Although help desk support does not bring in direct profits, it plays a major part in running the business smoothly and efficiently. Helpdesk software streamlines any businesses IT infrastructure by eliminating many manual processes, boosting revenues and organizing the business. Having an efficient office environment is important for maintaining productivity. A helpdesk software is a resourceful tool that eases the workflow in a business.
How Does a Helpdesk Software Help?
A helpdesk software is a useful tool as it can help companies resolve their tech issues quickly, and it also allows the IT department to work more efficiently. Having a helpdesk software will allow an IT support specialist to no longer log issues or track the status of problems manually, let requests slip through or dig through unorganized emails. A help desk organizes information and eliminates several procedures done by hand. It can also troubleshoot a printer, upgrade security on any device, or give the employees access to the latest systems. The help desk also comes to the rescue when any customer cannot get into their system, need assistance with the set-up, or come across a bug. A happy, satisfied customer means more growth of the company. Therefore, a helpdesk software is definitely worth it.
Benefits of Having a Helpdesk Software
There are several benefits you can attain from help desk systems-
- Increased Productivity- employees can spend less time on fixing issues and submit their work faster which results in increase in productivity. Unnecessary manual processes can be eliminated through helpdesk support resulting in more free time.
- Multitasking- Help desk systems allow employees to organize and categorize issues allowing them to work in a better way. These helpdesk support systems can perform several jobs at the same time.
- One stop for all- Helpdesk software allows these systems to have a user portal that provides a single stop for users to view the status of issues, close out tickets once the issue is resolved, create tickets, etc. This portal can also pass on useful information to users.
- Personalization- The help desk includes a title and description for every little or big problem that a user has. For better categorization and improvised detailed information of an issue, companies can come up with custom categories such as department, building address, floor, preferences, etc.
- Due dates- Setting an issue to a due date is easy with the help desk and is also useful for both, the professional who is addressing the issue, and the employee who submitted it. Due dates can be automatically assigned through helpdesk software, and technicians can separate tickets based on the issues that need to be completed first.
- Email is an unsystematic tool- Emails are unsystematic and unorganized and it takes a lot of effort to prioritize and respond to each request through an email. Therefore, helpdesk systems are a better way to organize your queues and move the conversation away from inboxes.
- FAQs- Help desk software provides a simple method to organize an FAQ which lets customers attain answers to some common questions whenever they want.
- Lost Tickets- In a busy company, tickets are bound to get lost. With help desk software, the team has a centralized solution. All the tickets are organized and a systematic order is followed, therefore, the chances of tickets getting lost are less.
- Priorities- Help desk software lets you define ticket order, priority levels and time requirements. It can also track metrics such as customer satisfaction, individual engineer performance, and ticket volume.
- Accountability- Helpdesk software helps you to keep an account of how tickets are managed and by whom. It will also help to avoid replies that have already been made.
Having a helpdesk software is advantageous to the company as well as the user. It can save a lot of precious time and increase the company’s productivity level.
Different Types of Helpdesk Software
Most helpdesk software has similar types of features, but there are slight differences. Depending on your business, there are a few options for you to pick from-
- Cloud-based helpdesk- One of the most common types of helpdesk software are cloud-based help desks which are built with a SaaS model and are fully web-based. The helpdesk software team is responsible for updates, maintenance and problem-solving. It is easy to use and maintain, offers high scalability and is seamlessly accessible. However, an internet connection is always required.
- On-premise helpdesk- it is a self-hosted version of helpdesk software and can be an amazing choice for companies which have high security requirements, like hospitals or banks. If you want to control what gets in or out and lock down your functionality, then this helpdesk is perfect for you. In this kind of helpdesk software, the customer is responsible for making sure that the software is up to date and is running effectively.
- Open-source helpdesk- Open-source helpdesk software has an amazing feature of being fully free and highly configurable. If your company can perform regular updates and maintenance to a helpdesk, then this software is appropriate for you. You can even build features according to your needs in an open-source helpdesk but you’d need a strong development team. Many open-source helpdesk comes with minimum limitations and users can enjoy updates and suggestions. The drawback is that it can take months to configure and data security is not very good.
- Enterprise helpdesk- Enterprise helpdesk software is usually used by larger companies because of the adequate amount of functionality and connectivity they offer. This helpdesk offers top integrations, reporting and AI functionality. It is a one stop shop for all the support required to your employees as well as your customers. However, they are expensive but worth it.
The appropriate help desk software can provide streamlined services, increase employee’s productivity, and make your customers happy.
Investing in a helpdesk that offers better organizational features can help your customer support team be more successful and increase the customer satisfactory level. It is the easiest and quickest way to provide amazing customer service and attract new people. A helpdesk software will help your company and the users with a multitude of activities.