- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations..
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Prepare documentations and specifications.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Experience in DB migration activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM.
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL.
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements and Procedures.
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications.
- Familiarity with other SQL/No SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popularrelational databases.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.